Friday, May 01, 2009

Chance's pre-academy program

Chance attends Windwards pre-academy tennis program every Friday from 4:30 - 6:30. I'm actually amazed that after a grueling week of school and other activities, he is able to focus even as well as he has at it - certainly he gets distracted by caterpillers and previously hit balls and friends clowing around. But overall he does pretty well, especially when they split the groups into a competition. So today they split the 2 youngest groups of kids up against each other. Now one thing about a 2 hour tennis session is that it is pretty grueling to watch even for the most die hard parents. So sara drops Chance off and I pick him up, getting there early when I can. But I don't think I can watch 2 hours straight. The blackberry helps. Anyway, another fun toy is the flip video so since I'm watching I find it entertaining to pull it out and film. I was really pleased to watch Chance's play today and he is really enjoying it still. Here are some videos:
Forehand/backhand point team competition:


Here is the volley points - you may notice that there is another 6 yr old in the near court named Julia who can really hit the ball:



Overheads: - the thing that seems to really help Chance is he has good court movement to adjust to where the ball is.



Serves: - this is hard to follow since you can't see where the balls are landing, but Chance caught fire on his serves today.



And finally, they always close by running the sprint contest - now if he can only get some longer legs...

No comments: