Some of you will certainly find my recent flip video taking to become a bit less interesting, so I'll try to make sure I preface what the video is to keep you from spending time watching if you won't be interested. Last week's tennis practice at Windward Lake Club was a lot colder to watch than play, so I got out my flip video and entertained myself watching Chance hit tennis balls. About 6 minutes worth just to warn you. Windward is aligning the younger kids with the USTA QuickStart tennis program, which I find myself struggling a bit with in general. Supposedly this was adopted in Europe and one of the reasons for the success of a lot of the folks like Nadal and Djokovic. I can see the benefit for first time learners since tennis can be very frustrating until you can rally very long, but I am sitting at the lesson watching all these kids hit these pressureless slow bouncing, low bouncing balls on a cold day and it just is almost like squash or something with the ball not bouncing up to them. These are apparently going to be required for USTA tennis 10&under. Anyway, here is the video...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment